We Interviewed Ages of Cataria all about their works!
1. What inspires your work?
What inspires our work is making a game about topics that we feel are not covered in other games. Many village sims focus on the building aspect and miss out on the villagers who make up the town. We want to put a game out there that is extremely unique in capturing the generational aspect.
2. Tell us about your game? What can fans expect?
In Ages of Cataria players can expect a calming experience watching their town grow over real-world weeks. When you are offline your villagers will continue to have lives (the game will pause after 3 days of inactivity) and grow their skills. We want this game to feel like your virtual ant farm that you can check in every day multiple times a day to see what is going down in your town.
3. What are your goals for 2023?
In 2023 we plan on beta testing the heck out of the game and getting loads of feedback. In the summer of 2023 we plan on launching early access and continuing to update the game from there.
4. What advice would you give to someone who wants to do what you do?
Take a risk and then continue with it. Too often people give up at the first or second sign of a problem. We have about 20 problems a day and if we gave up at the first then there would be no game. Learn to fail by getting back up and taking it from a new angle.
5. Where and how can people support your work?
5. You can wishlist us on steam or preorder the game ahead of time for some goodies! We are completely crowd-funded so far so anything supports a lot. Prepurchase http://tinyurl.com/y6kk2pc8 Wishlist us! https://tinyurl.com/2cf52b6m