PBS Kids has always been a part of my life. I grew up watching shows like Sesame Street and Arthur and they have always held a special place in my heart. These shows not only entertained me but also taught me valuable life lessons that I still carry with me to this day. I remember watching Sesame Street with my mom, who would always point out the different characters and the lessons they were teaching. Even now I am fascinated by the way the show was able to make learning so fun and interactive.
As I got older, I continued to be curious about PBS Kids shows and the changes they’ve made over the years like with Wild Kratts and Pinkalicious & Peterrific. These shows much like the values on Sesame Street, help grow interests in science and art, also remind even parents the importance of conservation and self-expression.
Fast forward to today, I have two sons of my own, and I am so happy that they are getting to enjoy similar shows that I did as a child. I started my blog “Geek Mom World” with All Ages of Geek as a way to share my love of these shows and the resources that PBS Kids provides. I want to help other parents and caregivers find ways to entertain and educate their children through the same shows that I grew up with.
Since I was brought up with PBS Kids and how the network has always been a favorite in our household, I wanted to share the Top 10 PBS Kids Shows for parents and kids to enjoy together.
Geek Mom World’s Top 10 PBS Kids Shows
- Sesame Street – This classic show has been entertaining and educating kids for over 50 years. With lovable characters like Elmo and Cookie Monster, my boys have learned valuable lessons about friendship and kindness.
- Curious George – This adventurous monkey is always getting into mischief. We love watching him learn important science and math concepts.
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood – This show is a spin-off of the beloved Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood and teaches children important social skills and emotional intelligence.
- Wild Kratts – This show takes children on a journey to learn about the different animals and habitats around the world. We love learning about new creatures and the importance of conservation.
- Arthur – This show follows the adventures of an aardvark and his friends as they learn about friendship, responsibility, and growing up. This was my favorite show growing up, so sharing it with my kids is always a great family bonding experience.
- Super Why – This show teaches children how to read and helps them develop their literacy skills. We love the interactive nature of the show and the fun characters.
- Peg + Cat – This show helps children develop their math skills and problem-solving abilities. My boys love the catchy songs and colorful animation. We also love the books for Peg + Cat!
- WordGirl – This show teaches children new vocabulary words and helps them improve their language skills.
- Caillou – This show follows the adventures of a young boy and his family as they learn about the world around them.
- Pinkalicious & Peterrific – This show teaches children about creativity, self-expression and the love of art. Fun characters, music and colorful animation.
In addition to these fantastic shows, PBS Kids also provides a wealth of resources for parents and educators, including activities, games, and printable worksheets. These resources make it easy for parents to continue the learning at home.
And speaking of online resources, I wanted to give a special shout-out to the upcoming independent series Galaxy-Boy Delivery All Ages of Geek. Geek Mom World will heavily focus on Galaxy-Boy Delivery, so make sure you stay up to date. This show is geared towards kids 5 and up and follows the adventures of Stilo and Korl who deliver packages to different planets while also hanging out in their space ship. This show is great for children who love space and science fiction. With positive representation of family and teamwork, this show is sure to be a hit with kids and parents alike.
As a mom who grew up watching PBS Kids, I am so happy that my boys are getting to enjoy similar shows that I did as a child. With shows like Sesame Street, Arthur, and Wild Kratts, they are learning important values and skills that will serve them well in the future. And with the addition of new shows like Galaxy-Boy Delivery, they are also getting exposed to new and exciting worlds.
PBS Kids has been a constant source of inspiration in my life. From my childhood to now, as a mother, I have been able to share the same values and lessons that I learned from these shows with my own children. I am extremely grateful to PBS Kids for providing such wonderful resources and I am excited to share my love of PBS Kids and geek culture with others through my blog “Geek Mom World” on All Ages of Geek.
A STEM-based Kids Show Coming from All Ages of Geek
I am so excited to share that in 2023, All Ages of Geek and Stec Studio are in predevelopment of a new series called “Galaxy-Boy Delivery”! This show (which I was lucky enough to be an early-access reviewer of) is sure to be a hit with its focus on STEM. It’s not just entertainment, but a valuable resource for parents and caregivers who want to provide their children with engaging and educational content. I’m counting down the days until the premiere and I know my boys are too!