We have exciting news Arizona State University is seeking to hire an Assistant Professor in Games and Interactive Media! The All Ages of Geek crew has some information about this amazing opportunity!
“It’s a pretty open search — the department has had a lot of students express interest in games, we recently built a new competitive gaming facility, and we are trying to find someone who has skills in game development and/or interactive media who is interested in coming to work with a diverse student body and a group of faculty. It is a good place to work. Great colleagues, lots of latitude for developing new research and teaching directions.”
Here are the qualification the school is looking for!
- PhD or Master’s degree in Media Arts and Sciences, Art and Technology, or a field related to the stated research and teaching focus of this position, by the time of appointment.
- Evidence of teaching excellence in the area of interdisciplinary media arts and sciences, or a field related to the focus of this position.
- Evidence of research aligned with the position and aimed at national visibility.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Evidence of ability to co-define, co-lead research projects with collaborators from technology research.
- Ability to mentor graduate students or advanced undergraduates in research projects.
- Ability to design courses and teach in both in person and online formats.
- Evidence of ability and willingness to develop public facing initiatives on behalf of department.
- Evidence of potential to obtain external funding for research-creation projects or PhD students.
- Evidence of potential for scholarship in pedagogical methods.
Visit their website to find out more HERE!